Friday, February 2, 2018

Hanging with Silent Bob!


Sorry I haven't posted anything on here in a while. I'm going to follow up this post with a bunch of samples from recent caricature gigs...BUT FIRST:

I got to meet Kevin Smith! He came to a small local comic book store in Tacoma (Destiny City Comics) and signed pics and comics and dvds for quite a few fans that flocked in to spend a few moments in the presence! Seriously cool and fun dude! I love several of his movies and have problems with a few (like "Tusk"...yikes!), but his "An Evening With Kevin Smith" events are amazing! I don't know whether to call them concerts or lectures or stand-ups or what. He just tells stories about his life as a filmmaker and celebrity and they are hysterical!

Anyway, I went with my friend Chris (it was his birthday) and we waited about an hour in line and I finally got to shake hands with the genius who made "Dogma", on the second anniversary of the death of Alan Rickman, no less (who starred in Dogma). It was a weird and wonderful day, for many reasons. But as always, when I see Kevin Smith, I'm given hope for what a bearded, chubby guy can accomplish in this world!



Here's Kevin and my friend Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment